Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Light

yesterday was my first day back to work, my first day back to this crooked and perverted generation. there was cursing, and there was vulgarity. i was an alien in the middle of the world. i have realized that i was called to this place. i was called to be a Light to their darkness. in the midst of this world i have been called to suffer. through suffering i will live a life worthy of Him who called me to it. as i live they will see Him through me. they will see His Light. so i work not for the "security" it provides me with, but i work for the glory of the Lord the One who provides my security. i work not to prove my loyalty to those who employ me, but to make my calling sure through Him who is loyal to me. i belong to the King. i belong to His Kingdom, and as such am a citizen in that Kingdom. my loyalties lie with Him.

so i will stand firm in Christ. i will live out loud. i will be prepared with an answer for those who question my reason for the hope i have in Him. i will gain completion of joy through suffering in the darkness of this world.

to Him be all glory and power both now and forever. Amen

No comments: