Monday, August 11, 2008

What I've Been Hearing

i have not received any revelation that the Lord has desired me to post here in the past few weeks. instead i will post what i have been hearing from Him.

i have recently been led to read more of His word. if His Word is my daily bread then i want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, i want to feast as much as i can. so i try to read not just every day but at least with every meal.

also, i feel i have been led to be in a state of constant prayer. the only thing is, i don't know what it feels like to be in a constant state of prayer. i see it all over the Bible but, i don't know what it feels or looks like. i see what is written of the lives of those special few that it has been credited. a life of prayer , a constant state of prayer, this is what i have been called to. i am thankful for what is written and the example that my Saviour has lived out, so that i might know what it looks like. if i imitate what it looks like then i can know what it feels like. in the future when i understand what it feels like, i will let you know.

to Him be all glory and power both now and forever. Amen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally! :) I have been so lax in my prayer life, and I have felt lately that urge to be in prayer. I'm a long way from "constant".

Marci Lewellen said...

Okay so great post... ever read any Henry Nouwen or Practicing the Presence? You would like :)

Also, I forgot to ask if you read the book I gave you two times ago by Rick Joyner?

Love and miss you guys... Can't wait for you to come see us :)

wiffleball_legend said...

Just continue in the Lord. Praying when He brings things to you to pray about it. Don't put prayer off for a quiet time. Its got to become a lifestyle. I know I don't have it down, but He is talking to a lot of us about some of the same things.