Monday, June 23, 2008

The Great Romance

I have been conversing with a friend who has been reading fictional books about love; the love that is from us to a huge God and from that same God to us. the author calls this love the great romance because the God pursues these characters to the ends of the earth to the depths of the sea, even into the darkest shadow. The love that is portrayed in these books through these fictional characters is real. It is a love portrayed to be powerful beyond any human means, yet is so infinitesimal compared to the real thing.



There is a God who we call Father that does pursue us He is the King of all kings who's love is so large that it could not be contained in the star filled sky. He seeks us out when we are lost and pursues us until we come home to him. I love this time that i live in when my love is fulfilled in Him who comes for me. This time i call The Great Romance. He shows me things of love i can and can not yet comprehend, but those things that i can not yet understand i long for, and those that i do understand make me laugh and joyous and excited for others to understand. His love is amazing. It is an intoxicating thing. To be surrounded by this love is to be drowned in true joy. I long to breathe in the love, deeply breathe in and out so that it fills me and overflows for others to see and drown in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You stole my blog! :) that's okay, it is very good! Love it!
Can't wait to finish reading "When Heaven weeps"