Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Great Comforter The Great Provider

One of my struggles is to be a good husband to my wife and to be a good father to my daughter. I know it is my job and my duty as head of the household to provide for them both. I believe the Lord has called me to do this but until now i was unsure of the way. So, i made the way myself. I have attempted and done many things in just the past few months. I have sought a degree in what ever came my way, i seek a job that will put food on the table, and i thought i was doing what my Lord required of me. I was providing.

On sunday in bible study we spoke of security from Hosea. In the service we spoke of loyalty in John. After this it was brought to my attention that all places i've worked at have closed for that specific reason. I was looking for security in the wrong places and by that proving my loyalty to those places. I have made myself available to be at those jobs, at that school for all the wrong reasons. I was providing.

The latest one was to work at a book store. I went and applied three weeks ago for what ever they chose to give me, and while i was doing this i decided that it would be in my best interest to keep attending school so i could get that coveted degree. After sunday i came to this realization that i must first focus on Him and make my loyalty lie with Him and He will give me the job that i am meant to have or go to get the degree i am meant to have for His ultimate glory. I have been to busy "providing" for my family that i have been ignoring the one truly doing all the providing.

The Father, the Head of my household showed me this today in Hebrews ch13 vs 5 and 6. "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper i will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" I finished reading this passage to get a phone call from the book store saying that i didn't get the job. I was greatly comforted by my true provider even before i needed it.

5 comments:

UntouchableGreen said...

I love you, and I know that whatever He gives us it will be enough. ^_^

sarah said...

so what does this mean for the present? will you not work or go to school? how long must you wait before something is given to you? What happens in the mean time?

John said...

i will wait as long as it takes. but not only wait until i find the treasure in the feild but i will seek out the finest of pearls.(mat13:44-46)

Unknown said...

Sometimes we try to force what we think is the right thing, and in reality we only settle for second best. I know that whatever God has for you, be it a job or a degree or something else, it will be far greater than anything you can provide on your own.

Anonymous said...

I love you man. Its tough being a father/husband and still trusting. But you get it.