Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'll Wait for The Lord

Hebrews chapter 6 verses 10-12 says
God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show the same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

My wife and melinda have been discussing together about waiting and what it means to wait for the Lord. I heard a radio dj say that waiting is an activity. I believe that waiting is constantly praying, fasting and resting in His word. To live in His word not just daily, but to reside in it to be there more than anywhere else. I regret that i do not live there in His word, i like to think of myself as a visitor, one that would be like kenny from the cosby show, who is there more often then not but only for the free food and for the wonderful entertainment. While i'm there i learn from Him, speak to Him, follow Him as a little brother follows the older. I am beginning to fully understand what it is to wait. It is not being lazy, not doing anything while the things of this world pass you buy. It is learning of Him, learning to be like Him and learning His word so that he can speak to you. That way when it comes time to act you act as He wants you to act so that the things of this world don't pass you by, rather you affect a change in the world, because they can't help but to see you are like Him.

So, knowing what waiting is, i will wait with all diligence and with a great sense of urgency. I will prepare myself for the battles ahead so that i may act out the Lord's will with confidence and in truth. I ask that you all pray with me so that we will be ready when the time comes to inherit our promise through faith. We must all reside forever in His word and be in constant prayer, to pray without ceasing so that we can do as He pleases.
We Must Wait!

3 comments:

wiffleball_legend said...

I thought of 2 verses when I read this. Psalm 130:5 and Isaiah 40:31

Psalm 130:5 says: I wait for the lord, my soul does wait, and in His word I hope.

We may be busy working, taking care of the kids, going shopping, whatever but our soul waits, listens, watches. Like more than a morning watchman (verse 6).

Isaiah 40:31 is very popular.
Yet those who wait on the Lord will gain new stregnth, they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Here Isaiah talks about those waiting on the Lord but then talks about physical activities that will not conquer them. I know the spiritual reference here, but just like John said we must be dwelling in the Lord, living in Him.

Unknown said...

Waiting is definately an activity. In most competitions there is a time of waiting, resting, a time to get a game plan. If we don't learn to be actively waiting (listening to the Lord, receiving His instruction, and putting it in our hearts) then when it comes to get back to the competition we won't be prepared!

UntouchableGreen said...

I love this one! Especialy since He is showing this to me more and more. I just can't get this concept out of my mind, and it seems like everywhere I turn, someone is talking aobut this.