Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Son is Hot

I went running again today, to the same park. Again creation expressed the Creator's Glory. Today i studied Hebrews chapter 1 and 2. It spoke of Jesus being all God, but less than the angels and crowned with glory and honor. It also said all things are under His feet. So, i got to thinking, like stacy, what is hidden away that i have failed to lay under His glorious feet?

On my way back i prayed for certain people that have been given to me to pray for. I prayed for my family, all the while the sun was beating down on me. I thought of a joke lyndsey and i have "the sun is hot!" But, then i thought about what a beautiful picture the sun is of the True Son. If the sun were not hot we would surely die. Like wise, if the Son were not hot if He had been only lukewarm we would surely die. All things on this earth could not exist without this incredibly hot sun. Just as we could not exist without The Son being incredibly hot and aligned with the Father.

I was given a dream and interpretation of that dream from the Father. This dream gave me an authority over those who i was praying for. It hit me that this is what i haven't placed under His feet. All things he has given me are His in the first place. He gave them to me to nurture and to expand His Kingdom but, instead i used them, i took responsibility for it all. Instead of doing this i should of given all these things right back to Him. Jesus gave these things to me so that i could make them subject to Him. Which made me feel kind of silly after i read Hebrews because all things have already been laid under His feet i just have to let Him pick it up and use it.

I may just start running everyday because it seems the Lord speaks to me about things on these runs. maybe i just don't think about other things because i am to busy trying to breathe. But, i am thankful that He chose to lift up my couch, as the great wiffleball legend puts it, to show me that He can not use me as a tool unless i lay all things He has given me as tools under His feet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacy'll appreciate the mention! i think we are afraid of getting too hot. But the closer you get to the Son, the hotter things get, and things start getting burned up. Instead of looking at that as a good thing, we fear it. Well at least I do. :)

Marci Lewellen said...

such wisdom... you should move to live by us so that we can talk more :)